9/14/13

Baby Quilts are so much fun!

Well after working on a California King Size quilt I really needed some small projects so decided to use 1 kids Charm pack with some fat quarters to make 2 Baby quilts -- I forgot how much FUN it is making smaller ones.

Do you find yourself wanting to do something quick after a long, or large project?  These two fit the bill and how cute they look.  

First for a boy, and my 1st time making a disappearing 9 patch.  I made a little tie with cars on it to go with.  I love adding these special fun machine stitches, we almost never use in other sewing items.  They go great on kids Quilts.






The cross sections are driving lanes for the little cars driving across


As a quilter I've heard for Baby quilts you want Bright colors to help their stimulation.  Well a gorgeous batik Orange and Yellow's that pop with tiny bees on them should give some little girl a lot to look at.





The pieced back of the Girls Baby Quilt - off set square and quilt tons!  This I put little hearts in the border.  



Sew much fun these are about 32" x 38" and in a few days Done!





No comments: